Location: Auditorium funeral center Dela Goes
The artwork contains of printed glass in the windows of the auditorium and an animation on several monitors in the building.
The artworks contributes to creating an effusion of warmth and support for the bereaved and strengthen an homage to the deceased.
The design is based on a paradise garden. A hopeful comforting garden which visualises that life will be returned to the nature. And as a result of this, it will grow again. The eternal circle of life and death. I think that is a comforting thought.
This can be seen in the images.
- The stems imaginatively consume the cells / molecules as nutrients. This can be seen in the colored balls at various places in the stems.
- The buds and flowers on the stems visualize a new young growth. The new life.
- The birds are comforting, the hummingbird drinks the nectar from the flowers. The dragonflies are a very old living organism.
- The wings in the background symbolize flying of live and rising above the earthly.
- The vertical lines of the stems seems to emit an allure that refers to a stained glass in a church.
- In a vertical middle part a section remains clear so the daylight comes in. Li>
Digital printed and burned enamels on glass, assembled into insulating glass. Conducted by AGC Mirodan Heule Belgium
horizontal 11,40 m x 0,75 m (w x h)
vertical 6,20 m x 0,45 m (w x h)